Google Play is the premier store for distributing Android apps. It’s preinstalled on more than 400 million devices worldwide, a number growing by more than a million every day. Android users have downloaded more than 25 billion apps from Google Play, growing at a rate of more than 1.5 billion per month.
When you publish on Google Play, you put your apps in front of Android’s huge base of active customers, in more than 130 countries and territories across the world.
Google Play is a central part of the Android experience. New users personalize their devices with apps, games, and other Google Play content. Existing users return regularly to see what’s trending and new. Downloading new apps is extremely convenient and fast— Google Play pushes apps to the user’s devices instantly, over the air. No cable or sync is ever needed.
Register for a publisher account
The first step is to visit the Google Play Android Developer Console and register for a publisher account.
- You need a Google account to register. You can create one during the process. It is
recommended not to use your main Google account for this purpose, so you can keep
this account separate from your other Google services.
- If you are an organization, consider registering a new Google account rather than using
a personal account.
- Review the developer countries and merchant countries where you can distribute and
- Visit the Google Play Android Developer Console at
Login to your Google Account, or open a new one by clicking the signup button on the top right.
- Enter basic information about your developer identity — developer name, email address, and so on. You can modify this information later.
- Read and accept the Developer Distribution Agreement that applies to your country or region. Note that apps and store listings that you publish on Google Play must comply with the Developer Program Policies and US export law.
- Pay a $25 USD registration fee using Google Checkout. If you don’t have a Google Checkout account, you can quickly set one up during the process.
When your registration is verified, you’ll be notified at the email address you specified during registration.